Here are two key findings from The Need for Third-Party Archiving in Office 365, a detailed new white paper from the experts at Osterman Research:
• In today’s complex business, legal and regulatory environments, basic email archiving functionality is not enough and may end up costing an organization more than expected.
• Office 365 does include several built-in general-purpose email archiving capabilities and some basic functionality, such as simple eDiscovery and high-level retention capabilities for regulatory compliance. However, for many, these simple capabilities may not be enough.
• How the legal, regulatory and business requirements for email archiving continue to grow and are becoming more complex
• Why the risks and costs associated with inadequate email archiving capability continue to rise
• Which Office 365 search limitations pose additional risks and costs not found with more powerful third-party archiving solutions
• Why Office 365 basic email archiving does not meet the additional eDiscovery and regulatory requirements with which many organizations are faced
• How many third-party solutions meet the most stringent and complex email archiving requirements
Bonus: Email Archiving Checklist
Use this comprehensive list of considerations in The Need for Third-Party Archiving in Office 365 to evaluate your organization’s email archiving requirements and determine whether Office 365 adequately addresses them.
Don’t miss out! As the industry moves toward more centralized and granular information governance automation, third-party archiving solutions offer the best, most cost effective way to meet these requirements while enhancing Office 365 capabilities.
Sonian preserves, protects and presents the world’s information.
More than 25,000 customers in 43 countries trust Sonian’s secure proprietary platform to retain, retrieve and surface critical data and protect intellectual property.
Founded in 2007, Sonian is the only pure public cloud information archiving company, providing services that are easy, flexible, actionable and reliable for OEM partners and their end customers. Sonian allows companies to preserve, analyze and access their electronic communications for legal, regulatory and continuity purposes while gaining organizational insights.
Sonian is building the future and solving big data problems for companies, all while managing more than 20 billion objects in the cloud.
Have questions? Want more info? Need help?
[VIDEO] Data preservation is a business best practice
See how businesses are preserving the valuable information in emails and attachments.