How quickly and thoroughly can your business comply with audits and eDiscovery requests?
How are you protecting against data loss when employees leave your company?
How much time and money is your business sinking into responding to legal discovery and compliance audits?
Archiving can help. With a cloud-based email archiving solution, your business data is protected, saving time and money because you’re prepared to rapidly respond to compliance audits and legal discovery requests.
Beware! Not all email archives are created equal. Some email archiving platforms include restrictive limits on data preservation, search and export capabilities that make it time consuming, expensive and hard to truly realize the full benefits of archiving. Those limitations have the potential to substantially increase the risks and costs associated with email management, retention, compliance and discovery.
Effectively preserving and searching data – and being able to easily retrieve it as needed – reduces the overall costs and risks of doing business.
Consider these important factors when evaluating a cloud-based email archive…
Compliance: Is your business prepared?
In addition to understanding and complying with vast and ever-growing regulations, your business must be prepared to rapidly respond to compliance audits and eDiscovery requests. With an advanced email archiving solution, you get the security and peace of mind that comes with knowing email is being handled in a compliant fashion and your business is ready quickly locate and furnish relevant data as these requests arise. In other words, you mitigate the risk of fines, sanctions and other legal punishments related to not being able to produce relevant data quickly.
Look for a solution that:
- automatically archives every inbound and outbound email and file attachment using unalterable, compliant storage
- encrypts archived and in-flight data
- provides flexible retention periods to support your industry’s specific retention requirements
- mitigates risk with defensible deletion, once the required retention period has elapsed
- includes powerful search and organizational capabilities to help quickly retrieve data
- proves an uninterrupted chain of custody to auditors and regulators
- produces an audit trail showing who accessed the archive and what actions they took
Continuity: Is your business protected?
Sometimes, when an employee leaves your company, they take business data with them. In some cases, they delete their entire email box, along with all the history and data that goes with it. Email is the lifeblood of your organization; create a plan to protect all messages and attachments, regardless of what actions employees may take on their way out the door. With an advanced email archiving solution, you prevent data loss and maintain access to critical business information when an employee leaves your company.
Look for a solution that:
- provides continued access to all messages and attachments, even if the mailbox contents are deleted
- enables your organization to easily recover any lost or deleted emails
- makes it easy to search, find and organize data for review and export
- protects your email data, your investment and your company
Costs: Is your business proactive?
When your business gets sued, all relevant emails and attachments need to be located, organized and exported for review. The less time IT professionals, paralegals and attorneys spend looking for what they need, the less it costs your business. With an advanced email archiving solution, your business easily locates and organizes this data for use in the legal process, ensuring a rapid response that saves costs.
Look for a solution that:
- automatically preserves all sent and received email in one place for discovery and legal review
- provides robust search capabilities to find all relevant emails quickly
- indexes and searches the text of all attachments to find all relevant documents
- provides robust organizational capabilities, including features such as tagging and customizable legal hold reasons
- includes flexible formats to export emails and attachments for review
The right email archiving solution provides tremendous peace of mind… Your data is protected when employees leave, you’re covered from a compliance standpoint and you won’t have costs spiraling out of control for a compliance audit or discovery request. In short, an archive pays for itself the first time you use it — and you’ll sleep better at night.
Sonian preserves, protects and presents the world’s information.
More than 28,000 customers in 43 countries trust Sonian’s secure proprietary platform to retain, retrieve and surface critical data and protect intellectual property.
Founded in 2007, Sonian is the only pure public cloud information archiving company, providing services that are easy, flexible, actionable and reliable for OEM partners and their end customers. Sonian allows companies to preserve, analyze and access their electronic communications for legal, regulatory and continuity purposes while gaining organizational insights.
Sonian is building the future and solving big data problems for companies, all while managing more than 20 billion objects in the cloud.
Have questions? Want more info? Need help?
[White Paper] Key Issues for eDiscovery and Legal Compliance
See what the experts at Osterman Research are saying about implementing eDiscovery best practices, including an archive, and why it should be a high priority for every organization.